Talpa de Allende
Be amazed by the beauty of the Virgin of Talpa. Stroll through a maple forest. Sip locally produced coffee.
Things to do
Services in Talpa de Allende
What Makes it Magical
Every day, the aromas of guava, coffee, and gum trees waft over this town of mountainous landscapes, stately old homes, and industrious people. It’s always ready to welcome visitors motivated by one of the most surprising human forces: faith.
Why You Should Go
The Virgin of Talpa
- She’s what stirs the faithful to set out on a 73-mile trek (from Ameca to Talpa) on a route with over 200 years of tradition.
- Over 3 million people make the pilgrimage each year.
- The sculpture-image of Our Lady of the Rosary of Talpa experienced the Miracle of Renovation, whereby the material transformed from corn cane paste to something else.
At the Very Least
See the image-sculpture of Our Lady of the Rosary of Talpa.
- Walking up to the Capilla de la Cruz de Romero for a look at the mountainous valley and the town.
- Picking up coffee, guava candies, and chilte (gum tree) handicrafts.
- Checking out the maple forest.