Córdoba is a destination that will captivate you with its beauty, charm, and history. Wander leisurely through its streets and enjoy the region's best coffee.
Services in Córdoba
What Makes It Magical
Located in the central region of Veracruz, Córdoba is a city bursting with customs and culture. All around it, you can enjoy the beauty of its lush vegetation studded with waterfalls, rivers, and mountains, presenting one-of-a-kind settings for unforgettable experiences.
Córdoba Is a Space Overflowing with Nature and Architecture
If you are into nature, you can’t miss your chance to walk through its parks and green spaces. Plus, you can bird-watch, hike, and ride bikes.
Its history goes along with the colonial-era neoclassical architecture, which can be seen in Córdoba’s cathedral and the Palacio Municipal, or town hall. They are truly treasures sculpted in stone, offering you a glimpse into the past.
The historic center is a lovely place to spend some time. The gazebo forms the epicenter of a quiet afternoon accompanied by the singing of the birds that fly to and fro among the art nouveau-style lampposts complete with wrought iron detailing, and up into the church’s atrium.
Cuisine to Delight Your Tastebuds
You simply must sample the rich mole sauce that comes in a range of flavors, reflecting the fertile land and organic, local ingredients. The little steamed tamales, some Veracruz-style enchiladas, and traditional candy will make your mouth water! And, if coffee is your thing, you should know that Córdoba is a coffee lover’s paradise.
Why You Should Go
Its History and Architectural Gems
- The La Gloria arcade is the archway from which Maximiliano de Habsburgo gave his first speech in Mexico.
- See where Benito Juárez once stayed in the former Palacio Imperial government building.
- Dance to danzón music around the gazebo in the main plaza .
- Visit the Museo de la Ciudad, a museum that was once the home of the poet Jorge Cuesta.
At the Very Least
Tour the historic center, visiting the Inmaculada Concepción cathedral, the Zevallos arcade, and participate in a coffee-tasting session in the Museo de Café.
- Explore the Toxpan archeological zone.
- Tour the Ex Hacienda San Francisco Toxpan estate.
- Take a dip in its natural pools.
- Visit the old Guadalupana hacienda.
- Paraglide in El Fortín.
- Venture into the impressive Popocatl cave.
- Visit a coffee plantation.